Biodata Innovation Centre
Wellcome Genome Campus
Microbiotica is located on the Wellcome Genome Campus, nine miles to the south of Cambridge, UK.
On arrival on Campus, report to the Security Reception, from where you will be directed to the Biodata Innovation Centre. Allow 10-15 minutes from arrival at the Campus to arrival at the Biodata Innovation Centre.
By public transport:
· By train: the closest stations are Whittlesford Parkway and Great Chesterford, both about five minutes away (by car), and Audley End (about 15 minutes away by car); all are on the line which runs between Cambridge and London Liverpool Street. Cambridge station, which is on the main line from London King’s Cross as well as from London Liverpool Street, is about 20 minutes away by car but the journey time can be much longer in busy rush hour periods. Both Audley End and Cambridge also serve trains which run from Stansted Airport to Birmingham. Taxi ranks are located at Audley End and Cambridge stations only.
· By bus: The Citi 7 bus is the only regular route passing Hinxton, from Cambridge to Saffron Walden via Sawston. Alight from the bus in Hinxton and walk to the Campus [how far/long?].
· By air: London Stansted airport is about a 30 minute drive from the Campus; taxis are available at the airport, as are trains that stop at Audley End and Cambridge; London City airport and London Luton airport are approximately one hour away by car, dependent on traffic; London Heathrow airport and London Gatwick airport are about two hours away by car, dependent on traffic.
· From the South via M11: leave the M11 at junction 9 and take first exit onto the A1301 towards Cambridge. At the next roundabout (about 800m) take the first exit into the ‘Genome Campus’. Turn immediately left into the security/reception car park.
· From the North via M11: leave the M11 at junction 10 and take the first exit onto the A505 towards Saffron Walden (NB: M11 junction 9 is restricted and accessible from the south only). Cross the first roundabout (first exit), and at the next roundabout take the third exit onto the A1301, again towards Saffron Walden. At the next roundabout take the second exit into the ‘Genome Campus’. Turn immediately left into the security/reception car park.
· From Cambridge centre: Follow the A1301 from Cambridge towards Saffron Walden until reaching the roundabout where the A1301 meets the A505. At this roundabout take the second exit (A1301), again towards Saffron Walden. At the next roundabout take the second exit into the ‘Genome Campus’. Turn immediately left into the security/reception car park.